May 9, 2011

mother's day

yet another first, folks.
it's amazing how much more you appreciate your mother
after you have become one.
the stress
the joy
the happiness
the entertainment
and the struggle
a child brings to your life
is far more rewarding than i ever expected.
being that d's mother has passed away
far before her time,
makes us appreciate our time together here on earth
that much more.



the day was celebrated with the other mothers in my family
at my cousin's boyfriend's family's cabin
(remember!)
i had a fabulous day.
perfect weather for a little
'minute to win it'
mother's day game challenge.



and of course
the boys had to fit in some fishing


thanks babe.
for making my first mother's day so memorable
and for the bracelet
and the new camera lense.
and changing all the poopy diapers.
and encouraging me to be the best mother i can
you're the best :)





carpe diem
SEP

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy (First) Mother's Day!! Isn't being a mom the biggest blessing ever? And you have been blessed with such a sweet and adorable baby boy!

By the way, I LOVED the pics of all your family. I always thought you guys were so cool when I was kid, and I couldn't help thinking that again! :-)

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! We feel very blessed with him. Happy late Mother's Day to you too! And you are too funny. We definately are alittle crazy :) but I love it.

I'm getting very impatient waiting to find out if you're having a boy or girl! It's getting so close!